Child Abuse Therapy (CHAT)
CHAT is free, individual therapy for eligible children under 18 years of age, who have been victims of any type of abuse, violence, bullying, or have experienced major trauma in their lives. This is a comprehensive service located in Jackson that provides individual psychotherapy or group mental health counseling to child victims and secondary victims. Additional services provided include: Crisis intervention; meeting with the child’s caregiver to assist them with therapeutic services for the child; case management; information and referral services; assistance in providing information on crime victim compensation services; and transportation for children and caregivers receiving services, as necessary.
Funding made possible through the United States Department of Justice, Victims of Crime Act, 2015-VA-GX-0058
CHAT Therapy Providers
- Experienced, licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT)
- Specialized in Child Therapy;
- Post-graduate Master of Social Work (MSW) and MFT interns under supervision of a licensed therapist;
- Both male and female therapists available;
- Located in a private setting, near ATCAA’s main office in Jackson;
- Providing confidentiality and safety to our clients.
Types of Child Therapy
- Play Therapy;
- Art Therapy;
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT);
- Just some of the treatment methods utilized by CHAT clinicians…
Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
Our therapeutic counseling services also offer Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) to families whose child, between the ages 2–7, is already receiving child therapy through ATCAA’s CHAT program. PCIT is an evidence–based program.
Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) is an intensive weekly treatment program that is designed to help both parents and children. The PCIT program works with parents and children together to improve the quality of the parent–child relationship and to teach parents the skills necessary to manage their child’s behavior problems.
Parents are taught specific skills, and are given the opportunity to practice these skills weekly until mastery is acquired and the child’s behavior is improved.
Interested in Volunteering, Participating in a Fundraising Event or Making a Donation?
- You can get involved Learn more
- Help us to help others Learn more
- Tax deductible donations accepted Learn more
- How to Get Involved Learn more
“Each of us, whether we have anything to do with children or not,
is directly affected by how they are treated.”
Child Therapy Services
935 S. Hwy 49, Jackson, CA