Utility Assistance

Whether you are a tenant, landlord or home owner, our Utility Assistance services include payment of some or all of your current PG&E or Propane service bill. Depending on your circumstance; whether you need help paying your bill or keeping your utilities from being shut off, we may be able to help. We work with most propane providers across the tri-county area and make payments directly to the propane vendor on your behalf. Although we make an immediate pledge to the utility provider, please note that payments may take 6-12 weeks.


How to Apply

Depending on the county that you reside in, please download our Energy Assistance and Weatherization instructions and application. The links are below in green, and are listed by county.

Please note that applicants MUST provide the following; as well as other supporting documents identified in the application forms.

  • Social security card
  • Certified birth certificate

Once completed, you may submit your  application forms by email (you will need to follow-up by sending in the application with your original signature); you can mail them to our office; or, if you need help completing the forms, please call one of our offices to speak with an Intake Specialist and make an in-office appointment.

 Additional Service

PGE offers utility rate discounts through its CARE Program for clients below certain income levels. Our Energy Assistance specialists will be happy to help you lower your monthly utility rates. Learn more and download the application here.

CARE application in English and Spanish National Weatherization feature.

For Utility Assistance and Home Weatherization services, please contact our friendly Intake Specialists for support.

Tuolumne County

Energy Supervisor

Valerie Farley
427 N Hwy 49, Sonora CA 95370
(209) 533–1397
Appointments available:
Mon – Thurs 9-Noon


Amador/Calaveras County

Energy Outreach Coordinator

Debbie White
935 S. Hwy 49, Jackson, CA 95642
(209) 223–1485
Appointments available:
Mon – Thurs 9-Noon