Our Mission Statement:
• To help individuals in Amador and Tuolumne counties toward self-sufficiency.
• To assist local residents in becoming involved and contributing members of our community.
• To promote family and other supportive environments so that children, youth and elders can achieve their maximum potential.
• And, finally, to form partnerships and coalitions within the community to meet these needs.
Amador Youth and Family Programs:
Amador Youth and Family Programs are comprehensive child abuse prevention and family strengthening programs that provides a range of services for children and families in Amador County: Home Visiting, Child Abuse Prevention & Education, Parenting Classes, Therapeutic Counseling, Common Ground, Youth Assets for Independence (IDA), Independent Living Program (ILP), Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program, Star Reader Tutoring, and Fit Kids Program.
As a part of the ATCAA team, the Amador Community Programs Director plays an essential role in ATCAA as a whole. The Amador Community Programs Director oversees ATCAA’s Amador Youth and Families Programs. The Amador Community Programs Director is responsible for staff support and supervision, program planning and development, contract and budget development and management, project evaluations, as well as ongoing community relations and outreach collaboration. This position is responsible for effective application of available agency resources to the community needs addressed by these programs.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Supervises: Therapeutic Program Coordinator, Family Resource Services Coordinator, CASA Coordinator, Assets & Independence Youth Development Educator, Tutoring Program Coordinator, Marriage Family Therapist (MFT) and Fit Kids Contractor(s) and staff.
Full job description will be available at the time of interview, if selected.
You may request one in advance by requesting it from the front desk secretary.
• 1) Bachelor’s degree or, 2) Associate’s degree with three years of experience in the areas below or, 3) five years experience in:
- supervision and project management
- working with community organizations
- family or youth services, social services or case management delivery;
• Knowledge of principles and techniques of supervision; budgetary planning/control and contracts management; fund development strategies; program planning and evaluation;
• Demonstrated organizational, oral and written communication skills, and ability to work accurately with numbers;
• Experience and ability in public speaking and program outreach;
• Knowledge of child welfare system, probation, foster care, and youth substance abuse issues;
• Knowledge of family support principles needed in implementing and facilitating effective parenting and home visiting programs;
• Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis related to child abuse, family violence, and neglect;
• Intermediate or advanced experience and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet applications, email, and Windows Operating System;
• Meet all federal/state licensing requirements and/or program requirements necessary for this position: possess a valid California driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and fingerprint clearance;
• Ability to lift 30 pounds.
• Experience providing staff supervision;
• Experience working with community family and youth related organizations;
• Experience in family or youth services, social services or case management delivery;
• Familiarity with resources available in Amador County;
• Familiarity or experience with supervision of professional staff, consultants and contractors such as MFT’s;
• Familiarity or experience with prevention strategies, outreach/education and evidence based curriculums for parent education and child therapy.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT AN ATCAA JOB APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
Applications may be downloaded here, printed, filled out and submitted; they can also be obtained at and submitted to ATCAA at the address below. Please do not comment on this post with your resume.
Amador-Tuolumne Community Action Agency
935 S. State Highway 49
Jackson, CA 95642
Notification: All applicants will be notified by October 20, 2014
Starting Salary: $17.35 – $19.12 per hour (DOE)
Full Benefits Package:
• Health Insurance – 75% Employer paid
• Dental Insurance – 75% Employer paid
• Vision Insurance – 100% Employee paid
• Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance – 100% Employee paid
• Retirement (Money Purchase Pension Plan) – 7.5 % employer contribution and 100% vested upon regular status
• 3 weeks paid time off and 12 paid holidays per year
• Eligible employee membership with Golden 1 Credit Union
Hours: 30 – 37.5 hours/week
Based: Amador County
Final Filing Date: All applications must be received no later than 4:00 PM on September 8, 2014