Position: Payroll Assistant
Location: Amador County
Salary Range: $11.68 – $12.88/hour DOE
Final Filing Date: Jun. 4, 2015 4:00 pm
Our Mission Statement:
- To help individuals in Amador and Tuolumne counties toward self-sufficiency.
- To assist local residents in becoming involved and contributing members of our community.
- To promote family and other supportive environments so that children, youth and elders can achieve their maximum potential.
- And, finally, to form partnerships and coalitions within the community to meet these needs.
The Amador-Tuolumne Community Action Agency (A-TCAA) is a public agency, created through a Joint Powers Agreement (JPA) between Amador and Tuolumne Counties. Since 1981, A-TCAA has been providing services that have improved the lives of residents in our foothill region. A-TCAA has taken on a variety of projects and programs based on, 1) local community assessments that identify the assets and needs of our community, and 2) working with community members and organizations to coordinate, enhance services, and develop future program opportunities. Administrative Services provides fiscal management, personnel, payroll, accounts payable, and general program support.
As part of the ATCAA team, the Payroll Assistant plays an essential role in ATCAA as a whole. Under supervision, the Payroll Assistant provides general support to the Payroll Coordinator. The Payroll Assistant is responsible for reviewing payroll documents for accuracy prior to payroll processing, for accurately inputting payroll data into the Agency’s computerized payroll system, for assisting Employees with payroll-related questions, and for assisting with all other routine payroll duties and special payroll projects. The Payroll Assistant is the lead payroll staff person in the absence of the Payroll Coordinator.
Supervisor: Payroll Coordinator
Full job description will be available at the time of interview, if selected
- Ability to obtain fingerprint clearance upon offer of employment;
- Possess a valid California driver’s license and an acceptable driving record;
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Experience with Windows Operating System;
- Demonstrate competency in Microsoft Excel and Word applications;
- High level of organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate proficiency in keyboarding and 10-key operation;
- Ability to follow directions with minimum of supervision;
- Fundamental knowledge of basic bookkeeping;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required by payroll schedules;
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping and/or accounting principles;
- Experience in the use of computerized Payroll System;
- Work experience in fund accounting;
- Experience in database maintenance and report generation.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT AN A-TCAA JOB APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW
Applications may be downloaded here, printed, filled out and submitted; they can also be obtained at and submitted to ATCAA. Please do not comment on this post with your resume.
Amador-Tuolumne Community Action Agency
935 S. State Highway 49
Jackson, CA 95642
Notification: All applicants will be notified by July 16, 2015
Full Benefits Package:
- Health Insurance (80% Employer paid) with Health Savings Account (partially employer funded)
- Dental Insurance – 80% Employer paid
- Vision Insurance – 100% Employee paid
- Voluntary Life/AD&D Insurance – 100% Employee paid
- Retirement (Money Purchase Pension Plan) – 7.5 % employer contribution and 100% vested upon regular status
- 3 weeks paid time off and 12 paid holidays per year
- Eligible employee membership with Golden 1 Credit Union
Hours: 37.5 per week
Final Filing Date: All applications must be received no later than 4:00 PM on June 4, 2015.