Water Conservation

Water Conservation services include the repair or replacement of your water appliances and devices, all at no cost to you, This service will lower your water bill and help conserve our most valuable life sustaining resource – water.

As a member of the Tuolumne-Stanislaus Integrated Regional Water Management Authority (T-Stan IRWMA) Watershed Advisory Committee (WAC) and a partner with Tuolumne County Resource Conservation District (TCRCD) we implement in-home water conservation measures, free of charge, for qualifying residents of the T-Stan watershed. Available programs are funded by the California Department of Water Resources (DWR) through Proposition 84 and currently planned to be available for 688 homes through December, 2018.

Depending on your situation, our water conservation services may include the following;

  • Low-flow Toilets
  • High-efficiency Dishwashers
  • High-efficiency Washing Machines
  • Low-flow Showerheads (some with Thermostatic Sensitive Valves)
  • Low-flow faucets (kitchen and bathroom)
  • Leak fixing
  • Drip irrigation check and tune-up
  • Hose timers


Coming to the Tri-Counties – in 2017!! 

In March, 2017, DWR awarded to ATCAA a portion of the 2016 Water-Energy Grant whose goal is to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and also reduce water and energy use by funding residential water-energy efficiency programs or projects benefiting disadvantaged communities (DACs).

This new program implements some of the measures funded under our Prop-84 programs, but covers the Mokelumne-Amador-Calaveras, Upper Mokelumne River Watershed Authority (MAC UMRWA) region, as well as the T-Stan IRWMA region. Available funding is planned to implement water-energy savings measures on -378 homes across the tri-county area, through June, 2019.

Depending on your situation, our Water-Energy conservation services may include the following;

  • High-efficiency Dishwashers
  • High-efficiency Washing Machines
  • Low-flow Showerheads
  • Low-flow faucets (kitchen and bathroom)

 How to Apply for Water Conservation Services:

Depending on the county that you reside in, please download our Energy Assistance and Weatherization instructions and application. The links are below in green, and are listed by county.

Please note that applicants MUST provide the following; as well as other supporting documents identified in the application forms.

  • Social security card
  • Certified birth certificate
  • Signed authorization to perform work (Owner or Authorized agent of property)

Once completed, you may submit your application forms by email (you will need to follow-up by sending in the application with your original signature); you can mail them to our office; or if you need help completing the forms, please call one of our offices to speak with an Intake Specialist and make an in-office appointment.

Contact Information

All Counties

Intake/Outreach for Water Conservation

Kim Pierce
427 N Hwy 49, Sonora CA 95370
(209) 533–1397
Appointments available:
Mon – Thurs

9 a.m.- noon